eye swelling during pregnancy and after delivery. You may face
different eye symptoms of the eye weakness in pregnancy and
postpartum. There are given below the symptoms that affect your
vision during and after delivery.
Eye Symptoms During and After Pregnancy
- Intermittent Blur
- Light Sensitivity
- Double Vision
- Temporary loss of vision
- The appearance of flashing lights
- Dry Eyes
- Blurred Vision
Main Reasons for Eye Swelling in Pregnancy and Postpartum
1. Hormonal Changes
hormones are increased more and some are decreased more. Therefore
the size and shape of the
cornea of the eyes is
condition and as result, our vision is blurred or eyes become dry and
change on your eyelids because after delivery your eyes or vision recover
automatically some days later. Some women are lucky whose vision is
recovered within a few days or some women face long-term blurred and their
vision is recovered after 9 or 1o months during mother’s feeding.
preeclampsia ( A disease that damages the organs system)
and as result, your vision may be blurred or it also can lead to
blindness but in some rare cases.
eyes that’s why Swelling or Blurry vision or
light sensitivity are the
symptoms that you can face. If you are facing these issues you should
check out your eyes to your eye specialist.
body or pressure from the uterus. Edema can happen in different body
parts mostly in feet, ankles, and legs but in some cases in the eyes.
the blood vessels close to the retina of the eyes. In a
result, our vision can damage badly but it is temporary and it is also known
as ” gestational diabetes“.
the macula). This disease can lead to partial vision loss or
Eye Care in Pregnancy
- Don’t wear contact lenses otherwise your eyelids become dry,
itchy, swollen, and painful.
- Use Vitamin C or Iron supplements in Pregnancy
- Keep your body hydrated if you are feeling dryness or itchiness
on your eyelid’s skin.
- Wash your eyes with cold water
- Don’t sit before the screen
- If you are going outside in sunlight, wear the sunglasses
- Use saline water, if your eyelids are swollen and puffy.
- Use artificial tear drops to minimize swelling and
- Take balanced diet
- Use more vegetables in the diet because vegetables are naturally low in fat